Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mad Men Party - what to wear

My friend is turning 40
She is having a Mad Men party
A chance to dress up - but what to wear ?
I bought this pattern from Retro Metro in Paddington last week - a fantastic shop if ever you are in Paddington and want something vintage.
I was thinking of making the dress in the middle - but then I decided I wanted something with a full skirt
Like the one on the left here - oh so beautiful !
But I love this look too !
So I have decided on a skirt and top
in an evening type fabric (from the op shop)
I have made the top
Now I need to make the skirt
and then adjust the net petticoat that I have to go underneath
(another op shop purchase)
And get some shoes
However a broken foot recently probably means I can't wear heels
at least not for long
So I will post pictures as the outfit progresses
That is if I don't change my mind

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails