Monday, September 6, 2010

Sunshine Coast Fashion Festival 6 - 11 September 2010

I couldn't believe my eyes a few weeks ago when reading the Weekender Magazine. There was a feature on the Sunshine Coast Fashion Festival and in particular there was a dress designed by Richard De Chazal. I kept looking at the fabric thinking I had seen it somewhere before. Then the penny dropped. I had some of that fabric in my stash. Oh my god - I ran to my sewing room and pulled out a piece of the very same material that this dress pictured is made from. The price of the dress in the article was listed as POA - obviously expensive. I got my piece of this fabric from an opshop in country Victoria. Now I am dying to know if it is indeed Richard De Chazals offcuts (LOL). Don't suppose I'll ever find out. You just never know what you are going to come across, and sometimes you don't know you have actually come across something, until something like this happens - wow ! The fabric actually looked to me like it was a leftover scrap from a sarong or something similar, now I guess I will just have to make myself something special from it.

2 comments:

Photography said...

How exciting! I wonder if it is an original....

Unknown said...

Hey we’re so happy of this new things happening to us now were living and very satisfied for almost 2 years with my wife and the people here are nice, and were living now near to the coast it’s a good investment to us it’s like a package to me property sunshine coast…..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails