Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BookWeek Costumes

It is bookweek around the world this week, and my kids school had their dress up day yesterday.  The theme was "One World, Many stories". 
This was my inspiration, a photo from the internet - Miss L asked was she as beautiful as this Pocahontas - my reply, "of course, you are even more beautiful"

Miss L went dressed as Pocahontas.  Mst O went as the lovely Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz.  I had the week off work which was fortunate, so I had a bit of extra time to get back into the sewing room and get creating.   I had all the right stuff in my stash for both costumes, plus a trip to the op shop to get some jewellery so we could try to recreate Pocahontas necklace, it is not exactly as she had but Miss L was very happy all the same with what I made for her.   It was so lovely to see them parading around on stage at school with their classmates in costume.  Mission accomplished !

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails