Thursday, August 19, 2010

Japanese cotton pants for little Japanese girl

These pants are my first creation using two of my new fabrics purchased from Malaysia. A beautiful soft eggshell blue cotton which features a lovely floral pattern in a mixture of greens, pinks, mauves and creamy white. The waistband, cuffs and back pocket feature a fabric from the same story but in a khaki type green with similar flower pattern - they contrast beautifully. They were going to be for my Madeit shop, however my neighbour has her beautiful little neice from Japan staying with her at the moment. She is about to turn two and Ming Lee thought these little pants would make a great gift. So I finished them off and they will be wrapped and presented to Youie (not sure how to spell her name sorry). I thought that was so appropriate that my first garment made from Japanese cotton be worn by a Japanese girl. She is a beautiful little thing and I wish I could have her here permanently for a little model. I am hoping to post photos of Youie wearing her pants in another week or so so keep watching this space.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails