Monday, July 12, 2010

Christmas in July

Cherries on the table Strawberry bouquet Christmas tree A halo on my head ( almost ) On Saturday night my little craft group got together for a Christmas in July dinner. There was no crafting done that night, just lots of chatter, nibbling on lovely nibblies, and a fabulous meal and lots of red wine. We enjoyed the best baked ham, basted with maple syrup - it was so yummy. We also had lovely meatballs with cranberry sauce and loads of roast vegetables and salad. To finish off we had pecan pie, cheesecake and brownies. Leannes little cottage was decorated so beautifully for the occasion, we had a kris kringle and it was a really fabulous night. It was my first, and hopefully not my last, ever, Christmas in July - it is so much nicer to eat hot Christmas type food in winter rather than summer. I think we should change Christmas to July !!

2 comments:

monkeemoomoo said...

Such a great night!

I just wanted to wish you and family a very happy holiday. I'm so jealous. Have fun!!

eva mei and me said...

Thanks so much, I'm sure we will have a very special time together over there - it will be your turn one day. cheers k x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails