Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My version of the Amy Butler Gumdrop Cushion

This was a custom order for our friend Julie - a gift for her two year old grandsons birthday. These turned out fantastic, with the beautiful combination of colours and textures in the fabrics she chose. The personalised embroidery finished them off just perfectly. The aqua stitching was just beautiful with the vintage chenille panels. Wow !
I did quite a few Amy Butler gumdrop cushions as christmas gifts for my children and niece and nephew.
This is one of my favourite cushions - I purchased a piece from an old Japanese Silk Kimono on Ebay last year some time. Recently I sewed it up into a cute rectangular cushion for our bed. The back of it is made from an old piece of damask type fabric I sourced from the local op shop.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails